Compact, connected, and selfie-ready, the brown X-A2 Mirrorless Digital Camera from Fujifilm is a versatile camera featuring a 16.3MP APS-C CMOS sensor and EXR Processor II to deliver high-resolution stills and full HD 1080p video. The two technologies combine to realize a top continuous shooting rate of 5.6 fps, extended sensitivity of ISO 25600 to benefit working in a variety of shooting conditions, and fast performance speeds for quick and candid shooting. The sleek form factor incorporates a 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD screen, which tilts forward 175° for your front-facing self-portrait needs. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and compatibility with the optional instax SHARE Printer allow you to seamlessly upload, share, and print your photos on-the-go.
Benefitting the imaging capabilities of the X-A2 is an intuitive control scheme, which features a dedicated Q Menu shortcut button for quickly adjusting camera and exposure settings without delving into the full menu system. Film Simulation modes are also available, including the vintage-inspired Classic Chrome setting to mimic the nostalgic look of past slide films. Furthermore, a built-in flash utilizes Super i-Flash technology for consistent and natural light output depending on the subject being photographed, and intelligent focusing settings, such as Eye AF, Auto Macro AF, and Multi-Target AF, enable fast and precise focusing performance on subjects from near to far.
Included with the X-A2 is the Fujinon XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II lens, which covers wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives with its 24-76mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element reduce aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and an optical image stabilization system compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake to produce sharper, clearer imagery in low-light conditions.
- 16.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and EXR Processor II
- A large APS-C-sized 16.3MP CMOS sensor and EXR Processor II work together to produce high-resolution still imagery and video with notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 25600. The processor works to provide quick performance throughout the camera, including a start-up time of 0.5 seconds, AF speed of 0.3 seconds, shutter lag time of 0.05 seconds, and a shooting interval time of 0.4 seconds. Additionally, the sensor lends itself to producing full HD 1080p videos at 30 fps.
- Body Design
- The sleek form factor is ideal for everyday use and is benefitted by an intuitive control layout that incorporates top control dials as well as a dedicated Q Menu shortcut button for quickly accessing some of the most oft-used camera and exposure settings. Also integrated within the body design is a 175° tilting 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD screen, which is suitable for vivid monitoring and image playback, as well as front-facing selfies. Both face and eye detection are available, too, to ensure proper exposure and focus on the most meaningful of subjects.On the rear of the camera, all of the physical controls are positioned to the right side of the body to benefit one-handed operation. A dedicated button is also available to activate the self-timer functions.
- Autofocus Modes
- Eye Detection AF has auto, left, or right eye priority settings in order to base the focusing priority on subjects’ eyes.
- Auto Macro AF automatically switches the camera to Macro mode for close-focusing applications. When working with the included XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II lens, a minimum focusing distance of 5.9″ is possible.
- Intelligent AF helps to improve focusing speeds in tricky working situations, such as macro shooting or when working in low-contrast lighting.
- Multi-Target Auto Area AF simultaneously uses multiple focusing points in order to quickly identify the intended subject within the image frame.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Integrated Wi-Fi connectivity permits instant wireless transferring of up to 30 images at once to linked mobile devices for direct sharing online. Mobile devices can also be used to embed location data into the photos taken with the X-A2 for geotagging. Additionally, the X-A2 is also compatible with the optional instax SHARE Printer, when using its dedicated app, for on-the-go printing of your favorite snapshots.
- Fujinon XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II Lens
- Included with the camera body is the versatile Fujinon XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II lens; a standard zoom providing a 24-76mm equivalent focal length range to suit working in a wide variety of situations. The all-glass, 12-elements-in-10-groups construction incorporated three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for greater clarity, sharpness, and color fidelity. Additionally, this lens integrates a 3.5-stop-effective optical image stabilization system to compensate for the effects of camera shake to render sharper imagery in difficult lighting conditions. The lens also features seven rounded aperture blades to produce a smooth out-of-focus quality when using selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Film Simulation Modes
- Taking advantage of Fujifilm’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-A2 integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some Fujifilm’s classic reversal film types: Provia offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, Velvia produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, and Astia gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones. A Classic Chrome mode can also be used to create a nostalgic appearance characterized by muted tones and deep color reproduction. Additionally, Black & White and Sepia modes are also available for a classic, monochromatic appearance.
- Other Camera Features
- Portrait Enhancer mode can be used to lighten skin tones for a clear and smooth appearance that is especially ideal for taking selfies.
- Super i-Flash accurately controls the light output of the built-in flash depending on the subject type for more natural-appearing imagery.
- In-camera raw file processing lets you record your images in the uncompressed raw file format and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay subsequently-recorded images in-camera.
- The included NP-W126 battery can provide up to 410 shots per charger.
- Advanced Filters can be used to creatively adjust the look of your photos, and include Toy Camera, Miniature, High Key, Low Key, Dynamic Tone, Soft Focus, Pop Color, and Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple) settings. Shooting modes: Advanced SR AUTO, Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Sport, Advanced Mode, Custom, Manual, Night, Scene Position, Shutter Priority AE, Portrait Enhancer, and Landscape.
- Scene Position settings: Portrait, Sunset, Party, Night (Tripod), Snow, Flower, Fireworks, Beach, and Text.