Track the locations of your photographic adventures and share your endeavors with your friends thanks to the built-in GPS and Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC of the red Nikon COOLPIX P610 Digital Camera. Also, a 60x optical zoom lens and 16-megapixel 1/2.3″ CMOS image sensor combine to provide an exceptionally versatile imaging system with highly detailed, low noise imagery. The NIKKOR 4.3-258mm f/3.3-6.5 ED VR features an impressive 35mm equivalent of 24-1440mm as well as a Dual Detect Optical VR system that reduces the appearance of camera shake by about 5 stops. Also, the camera has a 120x Dynamic Fine Zoom function that effectively doubles the focal length.
Connectivity is a priority in this model with built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and GPS. The GPS will record the exact location of each shot for sharing your adventures on social networks. Points of Interest is also enabled to show you nearby locations such as scenic lookouts and historic landmarks. Wi-Fi with NFC allows for fast connection to mobile devices and it compatible with Nikon’s snapbridge system. This system enables the transfer of images to a connected device as well as remote camera control through compatible smartphones and tablets.
Composing images with this camera is presented in two ways: either through the 0.5″ 921k-dot eye-level electronic viewfinder or 3.0″ 921k-dot vari-angle LCD on the rear of the camera. Also, users are provided a full manual control option as well as full HD 1080p video at up to 60 fps with stereo sound and a continuous shooting rate of 7 fps. Other features include artistic shooting modes, effects, and filters such as Moon Mode that is designed to optimize settings for long zoom images of the moon. Other capabilities include color dropout, painting and illustration effects, multiple exposures, and more.
- 16MP 1/2.3″ CMOS Image Sensor
- The 16MP 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor is capable of recording high resolution imagery that is suitable for both online sharing as well as printing. Additionally, the sensor lends itself to producing HD 1080p video.
- NIKKOR 60x Optical Zoom ED VR Lens
- The 60x opens up a range of possibilities and shooting perspectives for you to explore. To enhance image quality, Vibration Reduction (VR) helps compensates for the camera shake, which is more likely to occur when shooting around the 60x zoom setting. The Dual Detect Optical VR system is rated for about 5 stops and a 120x Dynamic Fine Zoom function effectively doubles the focal length of the lens.
- 3.0″ Vari-Angle LCD Monitor & Eye-Level Electronic Viewfinder
- Compose and review images in the most comfortable method for you with the option of using the 3.0″ 921k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor for low-angle, high-angle, and other odd shots. An 0.2″ 921k-dot eye-level electronic viewfinder is also available for more comfortable viewing.
- Built-In GPS & Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Immediately share your photos or wirelessly take control of the P610 with the built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC. Compatible with Nikon’s snapbridge system users can quickly tap to connect with a mobile device and start transferring images or remotely control your camera. GPS will automatically record the location of each image and with Points of Interest users will be guided directly to scenic locations and historical landmarks for finding great photo opportunities.
- Full HD Video Recording
- The P610 can record full HD 1920 x 1080p video at up to 60 fps for high resolution imaging. Also, it has other frames rates and additional modes, such as high speed which records video at up to 120 fps at a reduced resolution.
- Other Features
- Saves photos and video to SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards
- Full manual control option
- Artistic shooting modes, effects, and filters
- Continuous shooting rate of 7 fps for up to 7 full resolution photos
- Uses the EN-EL23 Li-ion battery pack for power
- Self-timer with 2 and 10 second delay
- Built-in flash with TTL auto control