Capture family trips to the beach or out on the slopes with the tough blue COOLPIX W100 Digital Camera from Nikon which features a rugged body rated to be waterproof to 33′, dustproof, freezproof to 14°F, and shockproof to 6′. The camera is designed to be used by all members of the family, including younger kids, and features special cartoon effects and a welcome screen that adjusts based on usage in order to provide an easy-to-use and fun operating experience. This model also features SnapBridge with Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth support that combine to enable a variety of functions, including instant image transfer, geolocation tagging, and more.
For imaging, the W100 sports a 13.1MP 1/3.1″ CMOS sensor with a sensitivity of up to ISO 1600. This combines with the NIKKOR 3x optical zoom lens, equivalent to 30-90mm, to produce sharp images in a range of situations and environments. The camera features a contrast-detect AF system and Electronic VR to help create crisp imagery. Also, it offers Full HD 1080p video recording at 30 fps and users will be able to compose shots using a 2.7″ 230k-dot rear LCD. Additionally, for working in bright light, the W100 is equipped with a 2-stop ND filter. In dim lighting conditions a built-in flash can help illuminate subjects.
- 13.2MP CMOS Sensor
- Featuring a 13.2MP 1/3.1″ CMOS sensor, the W100 is capable of recording high-resolution still imagery as well as Full HD 1080p video. The sensor provides a sensitivity range from ISO 125-1600.
- Tough Camera Design
- Waterproof to 33′.
- freezeproof to 14°F.
- Shockproof to 6′.
- Dustproof with IP6X rating.
- NIKKOR 3x Optical Zoom Lens
- Spanning a wide-angle to telephoto reach, the NIKKOR 3x optical zoom lens covers a 30-90mm equivalent focal length range to benefit working in a wide variety of shooting conditions. This reach can be extended even further to 6x with Dynamic Fine Zoom for working with distant subjects. Benefiting this reach is Electronic VR, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to three stops to help realize sharp imagery.
- SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the W100 features built-in SnapBridge connectivity to permit seamless transferring of imagery to a mobile device. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology enables communication between the camera and a smart device, and allows for automatic image transfers as you shoot. SnapBridge requires a one-time setup and also works in conjunction with Nikon Image Space for backing up files and sharing imagery, and can also tag transferred images with date, time, and location info for keeping track of your journey. Additionally, once linked, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.In addition to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi with NFC is also available, and allows for wirelessly sharing both full-resolution photos and movies to smartphones or tablets. SnapBridge will automatically switch between the two technologies for a seamless wireless workflow.
- Other Camera Features
- Rear 2.7″ 230k-dot LCD monitor is used for composing imagery as well as navigating the menu and replaying photos and movies.
- Underwater face framing feature.
- Light trails can be made with a Night shooting mode.
- Recording of two voice messages allows for message exchange.
- Cartoon effects are available for fun imaging experience.
- Welcome screen updates with new characters and designs depending on usage
- Image lock to restrict image deletion.
- Built-in flash for dark scenes.
- Micro-USB port for charging on-the-go.
- Function to create photo albums