The Lumix DMC-LX7 Digital Camera (Black) by Panasonic brings with it a fully redesigned lens, sensor and image processor for fast performance and gorgeous picture quality. Starting with the newly developed 24mm Leica DC Vario-Summilux lens, we will see why the LX7 is a cut above the rest in terms of high quality optics in a point and shoot. The LX7’s lens is a 3.8x optical zoom lens with a focal length equivalency of 24-90mm. That is a great standard zoom for all your day-to-day shooting but what makes the lens special is its f/1.4 aperture at the wide angle end and f/2.3 at the telephoto end. These are apertures in line with the best available SLR lenses and will provide you with enough light entering your camera to use high shutter speeds and capture sharp images with beautiful gradations even in low light settings.
The LX7 has also adopted a new larger (1/1.7″) 10.1MP MOS sensor with an improved S/N (signal-to-noise) ratio that will result in high resolution images with outstanding clarity and rich gradation, even in high contrast situations. The Venus Engine image processor has also been improved, now featuring Intelligent NR (Noise Reduction) which optimizes the NR process by separating parts of the image. It will detect the bright part of an image and localize the noise reduction where it is needed most. Also, the processor integrates a high speed digital signal to improve continuous shooting rates to 11 frames per second with mechanical shutter and 5 fps in continuous Auto Focus.
The LCD display on the LX7 is a full 3.0″ and houses 920,000 dots. Sharpness is ensured, as is wide angle viewing, and with its Intelligent mode, the LCD will automatically adjust its brightness based on the exterior lighting conditions.
The Lumix LX7 also records Full HD Video with a dedicated one-touch button. In addition to shooting video in two separate formats (MPEG-4/H.264 and MP4), the LX7 records sound with Dolby Digital Stereo Creator. This high quality stereo microphone system offers zoom noise reduction and Auto Wind Cut to reduce background noise. Creative functions in the video mode let you adjust shutter speed and aperture to create special effects or simply, to improve your home videos.
Creative and assistive controls are one reason the Panasonic LX series are such great cameras and the LX7 is no different. Sixteen in-camera filters offer a range of creative options including Radial and Smooth Defocus and a new Time Lapse Shot function allows for beautiful series of flowers blooming, cities passing into night or clouds rolling by. Also, the LX7 has a been equipped with an aperture ring, focus lever and rear dial for further image control and Photo Style modes will enhance your images when shooting specific types of scenes and iA (Intelligent Auto) and iA Plus will give you that little bit of help to capture tricky images (Intelligent HDR) or not so tricky (Face Detection). Of course, the Lumix LX7 has complete manual control for advanced shooters to fine tune their shots to be exactly as wanted.
Being a camera that even the pros appreciate means that the LX7 comes with a full line of accessories to improve your shooting in any situation. The camera’s hot-shoe allows for the attachment of advanced accessories such as the tilt-shift Live View Finder. With accessories such as this, its improved sensor, fast lens and host of creative controls, there is very little that the Lumix LX7 cannot perform.
- The lens is where it all begins with the LX7! With 11 elements, including 9 aspherical surfaces and a dual-sided aspherical ED lens (first for a Lumix), this Leica DC Vario-Summilux lens produces exquisite high resolution images with minimal distortion and a soft-focused background. Nano Surface coating cuts down on reflection as light passes through the lens and its 24mm wide angle offers a huge viewing angle with little distortion. The f/1.4 aperture in wide angle and f/2.3 at telephoto mean that fast shutter speeds are possible even in low light.
- The Lumix LX7 adopts a new 1/1.7-inch 10.1MP MOS Sensor that features an improved S/N ratio by 1.5 dB compared with its predecessor, which results in high resolution images with stunning clarity in high sensitivity recording and also in low ISO, reproducing rich gradation with wide dynamic range even when the situation is highly contrasted.
- Image Processor
- The Venus Engine keeps resolution high by optimizing the noise-reduction process. Bright areas in each image are identified and a multi-step NR process is applied to keep even high contrast images smooth. High speed digital signal output means that continuous shooting speeds have improved up to 11 frames per second in full 10MP resolution.
- Full HD 1080 60p video recording with Dolby Stereo audio recording with creative video modes to control your images as you see fit.
- Intelligent Auto
- iA and iA Plus modes allow you to put the more difficult shots into the hands of a master – your LX7 camera. Optical Image Stabilization keeps your images blur-free, AF-Tracking lets you hold focus on moving subjects, Face Recognition perfects your portraits and Motion Deblur lets you adjust the nicely out-of-focus backgrounds. In addition, Intelligent HDR will help you create great shots even when the light and shadows are not cooperating and Intelligent Handheld Night Shot will give you blur-free night shots without flash.
- Creative Options and Full Manual Control
- Be able to go both ways. In-camera filters and creative options such as Soft Focus, Dynamic Monochrome, Toy Effect and the new Radial Defocus allow you to create stunning images without taking them to your computer first and full manual control allows you to shoot like a pro by controlling the camera to work your own personal magic.
- Time Lapse Shot Function
- Time Lapse Shot Function is a nice addition the LX7, allowing you to easily create time lapse images of clouds passing, flowers blooming or cities moving. Get creative and try it on your friends changing facial expressions.
- Multiple Optional Accessories
- The available accessories for the LX7 will bring your shooting to another level and keep your camera functional for years to come. An external flash, an external view finder and multiple filters are all available to turn your camera into a complete system.
- Languages Supported
- English and Spanish