AF-S VR Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED, a new high speed super-telephoto professional lens for Nikon digital SLR and 35mm SLR cameras; now with Vibration Reduction (VR) technology, focus preset functions, Meniscus front element; and is the first Nikkor lens to feature Nikon’s Nano-Crystal AR (anti-reflective) coat, all to enhance your ability to deliver great professional quality sports and action photography.
- High speed super-telephoto lens for Nikon digital SLR and 35mm SLR cameras with fast handling, fast operation and outstanding optical performance.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) technology compensates for typical camera shake and extends your ability to shoot at shutter speeds that are up to three-stops slower than would be possible with a lens without VR technology. Nikon VR technology automatically detects panning action, and with Active Mode selected you can enhance your ability to shoot from unsteady platforms such as moving cars or aircraft. VR On/Off mode allows conservation of battery power.
- Three Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements effectively diminish secondary chromatic aberrations while retaining ruggedness and durability associated with glass elements.
- Nikon?s New Super Integrated Coating, complimented by Nikon Nano-Crystal AR coat, further minimizes ghost and flare to provide even higher contrast, and more vivid images, even in challenging light conditions.
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor enables ultra-high speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation.
- Internal Focusing (IF) design provides smoother, lighter and faster focusing and helps improve the lens? overall balance and handling characteristics.
- Meniscus protective glass element protects the lens? front optical surface and also helps to eliminate potential internal reflection off a digital SLR?s sensor.
- Focus Mode switch enables quick-switching between M/A (Manual-Priority Autofocus) and M (Manual Focus).
- Focus Preset function in
From the Manufacturer
Super-fast, super-quiet lens using Nikon’s Silent Wave motor technology.
Compact super-telephoto lens for travel, sports, wildlife, and stock photography.
M/A switch for fast transitions from AF to manual focus.
No power drain when manually focusing.
Compatible with Nikon TC-14E II, TC-17E II, and TC-20E II teleconverters, AF operation only with TC14E II.