OLYMPUS ED 12-40 F/2.8 PRO M4/3 LNS BLK
Want to pair your Olympus with a sophisticated, high-quality lens that’s as versatile as it is sharp? Then meet the OLYMPUS ED 12-40 F/2.8 PRO M4/3 LNS BLK, a lens capable of handling everything from night photography to sports and action to weddings—sometimes, all at once. Depending on the wedding.
- Autofocus is a key feature here, and it’s what many of our customers find they enjoy about the Olympus ED 12-40 lens. Not only is its autofocus accurate, but it’s quiet enough to keep the emphasis on the subject rather than the camera itself.
- Easily interchangeable means you don’t have to make this the sole lens in your repertoire of Olympus lenses, though with the versatility of the Olympus ED 12-40 lens, you may just find that you do it anyway.
- Excellent focal length gives you plenty of options for choosing subjects ranging from landscapes to up-close people.
It takes an excellent photographer to make a lot out of a bad lens; but when you’re working with this Olympus, even the most casual of photography enthusiasts will find that their pictures look really, really good.
Learn about the OLYMPUS ED 12-40 F/2.8 PRO M4/3 LNS BLK
What can a capable lens handle? The better question might be, what can a lens like the OLYMPUS ED 12-40 F/2.8 PRO M4/3 LNS BLK not handle? Featuring a maximum aperture of F2.8, a filter at 62mm, and a light 13.4 oz overall weight, this 12-40mm Olympus lens is capable of handling a wide range of scenery and events with consistent output and sophisticated picture design. Compare it to a 12 35 lens, or a 12-35mm Panasonic lens, and you’ll see that the Olympus featured here more than holds its own.
But a lens is more than the sum of its parts: it’s also, well, its parts. You can’t ignore what goes into a lens, after all! To better understand exactly what makes this Olympus ED 12-40 lens so sophisticated, we’ll have to break it down by the technical specifications. Let’s get started.
- Premium focal length. Good focal length is important in any lens, whether you’re talking about photography or, heck, astronomy. The focal length here is 12-40 mm, as the title suggests, or a 24-80mm (35mm equivalent focal length). That gives you plenty of options for selecting what you can shoot with this camera, as many customers have found that they get plenty of use in landscapes, low lighting situations, night photography, weddings, wildlife, and more. That’s quite an array of options, and the focal length facilitates exactly that kind of versatility.
- Accessories. Some people think of a lens as an accessory. Nope! A lens is an important part; it should come with its own crucial accessories. This Olympus ED 12-40 lens comes with a lens cap, a lens rear cap, a lens hood, a lens case (with instruction manual) and an Olympus 1 year warranty card, ensuring that you get plenty of use out of your new lens. The whole shebang is one camera-strap short of a full camera kit, which ensures that you’ll look like a professional even when your interest is merely that of an enthusiast.
- Construction. Nowhere is the actual construction more important than in a lens like the Olympus 12mm-40 mft lens. Here with the Olympus 40-150 there are 14 elements in 9 groups, including an aspherical ED lens, two aspherical lenses, a DSA lens, 2 ED lenses, an HD lens, and 2 HR lenses. This offers high-quality video as well as the crisp, clear shots you would expect from an Olympus lens of this quality. Consult any review of the Olympus 2.8 zoom and you’ll see that the construction here is intricate, and the design effective.
- Magnification. 0.3x magnification is available here—with the 35mm equivalent max. image magnification of 0.6x. That will give you plenty of options in choosing your subjects, your portraits, your landscapes, and more—all while utilizing the subtle blurring background effect that makes a portrait so effective.
- Fast and accurate auto-focus. Just ask any of the customers at Adorama and they’ll likely tell you the same: the fast and smooth auto-focus here is one of the chief components that makes the Olympus ED 12-40 lens such an easy piece to work with.
Want more out of your lens? Then you might need a time machine, because at this price point, the OLYMPUS ED 12-40 F/2.8 PRO M4/3 LNS BLK is a premium purchase, and as shrewd a decision as anyone can make here at Adorama.
From the Manufacturer
This large-aperture 3.3x Zoom lens is the first in the newly created “M.ZUIKO PRO” category. Covering a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-80mm, this lens features all metallic construction and makes extensive use of high grade optical components including Dual Aspherical, High Refractive and ED lens elements configured in 9 groups to assure the highest level of reproduction. A fast maximum aperture of f2.8 throughout the zoom range, a manual focus clutch as well as Splash-proof, Dust-proof and Freeze-proof construction make it suitable for the most demanding professionals and enthusiasts. An “MSC” (movie and still compatible) AF lens drive system ensures fast and quiet auto-focusing – especially important when shooting HD movies. A seven blade circular aperture produces pleasing background defocusing effects.
The Olympus 12-40mm is commonly used for Landscape/scenery, Low light, Night photography, Sports/action, Video, Weddings, Wildlife photos and more.The Olympus 12-40mm is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Photo enthusiast, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Olympus 12-40mm is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Olympus 12-40mm: Consistent output, Durable, Easily interchangeable, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Lightweight, Nice bokeh, Rugged and Strong construction