The 100mm f/2.8 AF Macro Autofocus Lens from Sony is a mid-telephoto macro lens that focuses as close as 1.2′ away from your subject, with a maximum reproduction ratio of 1:1 – meaning your subjects can appear life-size in these close-up images. It is compatible with Sony Alpha and Minolta Maxxum SLR cameras. Its double-floating element design eliminates aberrations and ensures sharp, high-contrast results.
Its circular f/2.8 aperture provides a natural-looking, round bokeh background effect, and allows you to shoot in darker conditions due to the bright wide-open aperture. With it you can walk up to your subject and capture images from just over one foot away, in outstanding clarity and detail. It also has a 55mm front filter thread so you can attach accessory filters onto it for protection and effects.
- APS-C 35mm Equivalent: 150mm
- This 100mm lens has the 35mm equivalent viewing angle of a 150mm lens, when attached to cropped APS-C cameras.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- With a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and minimum of f/32, this lens’ high speed means you can capture images in darker conditions using faster shutter speeds and lower ISO sensitivity.
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.2′
- Using this lens’ full potential, you can get close-up images from just a foot away for exceedingly blurred backgrounds and sharp details.
- 9x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- The 55mm front filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.
- Auto Clutch Manual Focus Ring
- Thanks to this lens’ Auto Clutch, the manual focus ring does not rotate in auto-focus mode which improves handling and prevents you from accidentally changing your focus.
- Focus Hold & Range Limiter Buttons
- This lens is made with a Focus Hold button and Range Limiter, which offer better focus control and performance whenever you need it. Switch between auto and manual focusing for more speed or precision, and then lock the focus to keep it right where you want it. Then, using the Range Limiter, tell your lens which end of the focusing range you want it to use in order to limit the amount of seeking time it has to do and increase AF performance.