Distinguished by its extremely fast maximum aperture, the Nokton 35mm f/1.2 Aspherical II from Voigtlander is a versatile wide-angle prime for M-mount rangefinder cameras. The bright f/1.2 aperture benefits working with selective focus techniques, and also aids when shooting in low-light environments. The optical design employs high refractive index glass and a pair of aspherical elements to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions for improved clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range. A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality, and the lens’s manual focus operation permits working with subjects as close as 1.6′ away.
- Notably fast f/1.2 maximum aperture helps control depth of field for shallow depth of field shooting, and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Two aspherical elements and high refractive index glass is used to reduce field curvature, distortion, and spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness.
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 1.6′, and it is rangefinder coupled for accurate focusing to 2.3′.
- A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional LH-8 lens hood.