Ultra-Wide Pancake Lens
Lightweight and exceptionally compact, the E 16mm f/2.8 Lens from Sony is a suitable travel companion. Providing a 24mm equivalent focal length when mounted to your APS-C-format E-mount camera, this lens will allow photographers to capture wide landscapes and work in tight spaces with ease.
Compact Design, Broad Field of View
- With its pancake design, the lens only extends 0.9" from the mount, resulting in a compact and lightweight camera system.
- Designed for use on APS-C format cameras, this 16mm lens will provide a wide-angle perspective with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24mm.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in available lighting and also contributes to the sleek size and lightweight design.
- This lens is compatible with optical wide-angle and fisheye conversion lenses, which, when used, will convert this lens into an 18mm or 15mm lens, respectively.
Optics and Focusing
- One aspherical element is incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- The lens uses an internal focusing design that contributes to faster autofocus performance as well as a minimum focus distance of 9.4".
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.